Friday, January 22, 2010

Mmm, mmm, good!

I'm trying to be better at finding new recipes. We eat at home a lot more but are getting sick of eating the same foods over and over so I'm trying to come up with new options. Anyway, I thought I'd share this one, Sausage with Peppers and Pasta. We really like it. I totally cut out the cheese though since I'm lactose intolerant. It's still really tasty without it and you could always sprinkle some on top. Also I cute the recipe in half because the full recipe makes a ton and left overs aren't that great in this.

What You Need!
6 cups rigatoni pasta, uncooked
1 lb. (450 g) Italian sausage, sliced
1 each: red, green and yellow pepper, coarsely chopped
1 can (540 mL) Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
1-1/2 cups KRAFT 4 CHEESE ITALIANO Shredded Cheese
1/4 cup KRAFT 100% Parmesan Grated Cheese

Make It!
COOK pasta as directed on package. Meanwhile, cook sausage in large skillet on medium heat 10 min. Stir in peppers; cook 7 min. or until sausage is cooked through and peppers are crisp-tender. Stir in tomatoes; cook 2 min. or until heated through.

DRAIN pasta. Add to sausage mixture with shredded cheese; mix well.

TOP with Parmesan.


1 comment:

  1. we have a version of that!! we added some spice since jacob and i are both fans of spicy food:)

    ReplyDelete